Peda is an Indian sweet and has a very simple recipe. It is made for almost all our festivals.
Things to remember before cooking:-
- Wash your hands.
- Wear simple clothes well pinned up and also put on an apron.
- Always have mum or an adult , never venture alone into the kitchen to avoid accidents.
- Tie and pin up your hair .
- Help to collect all the vessels needed to cook.
- Understand what you are going to cooking and then collect the ingredients.
- Strictly follow rules and make sure you are well organised.
- No wasting and last of all remember to clean up.
Here are the pictures of all the vessel needed :-
Bowls with a spoon.
Measuring cup , spoon or scale.
Shape trays and dish to put the ready pedas :-
. Mawa 250 gms.
. Sugar to taste ..about 1 cup. sugar should be finely ground .
Dry fruits chopped :-
- Mash the mawa into a smooth soft dough.
- Slowly mix the ground sugar. add to taste.
- Add the chopped dry fruits.
- Roll into round balls and flatten a little.To make different shapes use the shape trays….just like chocolate making.
- Put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Here is a picture of the process of peda making——
To make pedas colourful add a little saffron :-
Add ground coconut to make coconut pedas.
Chocolate powder to make chocolate pedas .
For any festival gift wrap the pedas in a box :-
Your pedas are ready.
Wash your hands.
Clean the kitchen table .
Wash the vessels .
Put back everything in the correct place .
Enjoy……care and share.
give to the less fortunate.